Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sundae Sunday

There is truly not a person on this earth more for me than my man! We have the strangest things that we both love and love about each other. Tonight we revisited an old favorite. When the kids were little we would sometimes put them to bed and then just pig out on the ice cream with bananas, strawberries, hot fudge - you name it. It has been awhile since we have done this, but tonight we pulled out all the stops and made some killer sundaes with the works and then washed them down with some strong Starbucks. There was whip cream too, but I forgot to put it in the picture.

As we sat there enjoying every last bite, we wondered "why don't we do this more often?" I think it should be a Sunday thing. - Get it? Sorry, it must be the sugar and the caffeine kicking in. But seriously, it is good to have some things in your marriage that are just yours and are just plain fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, that is awesome! It sure looks good to me. By the way, I love the sign in the background too!! Love you, Susan V

Beth H said...

I am a firm believer in eating ice cream on Sunday. You inspired me to make hot fudge sauce and peanut butter sauce for today's--my husband thanks you, as none of our boys are home to help eat it up, and I normally would not have made it. Question...does adding bananas and/or strawberries or other fruit negate the additonal calories that the sauce contributes? Or maybe it's all a good thing because it's Sunday!?