Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Prepared in Prayer

Have you ever been in a situation where someone expected you to just drop everything you were doing to accommodate their present emergency or need? I'm talking about the kind of situation where had they been a little more prepared or thought things out a little further in advance it wouldn't have been an 'emergency'. I am guessing your answer is yes and that we have all experienced this. We have also probably been the one requesting the service of "drop what your doing because my needs are really, really important right now!"

How many times have I gone to the Lord in prayer with an 'emergency', expected his immediate response according to what would be easiest for me and then couldn't figure out why He didn't answer? Hmmmm? Don't get me wrong, he has answered plenty of my emergency prayers in areas where I could not have anticipated a need. I am just as sure that he has protected me from my own possible state of emergencies by going before me, or after me, to fix things.

But what if I lived a life that didn't just live on "oh Lord help me get out of this mess" and instead began to pray in advance. What if I became a woman who was prepared in prayer? I think I like that idea. Wasn't really my idea anyway - it was God's. To be prepared means to: Make ready beforehand for a specific purpose of for some event, occasion or the like. Preparation is the: 1. The act or process of preparing. 2. The state of being made ready beforehand; readiness. (Webster's Dictionary) Ephesians 6:15 says that I am to fit my feet with the "readiness" that comes from the gospel of peace.

I want to live a life where I take a look at the week, months, years, events, etc. to come and start praying for them. I want to be a woman who prays in such a way for her family that the enemy's attacks on them are thwarted before they ever felt the blow. I want to be a woman who seeks God's will so fervently that I hear the Holy Spirit's instructions on how to pray for things I do not know or understand. I want that kind of "prepared in prayer" life. And yes Lord, I want it now.

Father, teach me. Teach me. Teach me how to pray according to your word, your will and in the power of Jesus Christ. Teach me to pray in a way that is truly effective in the kingdom and in the spiritual unseen battles that rage around us. Prepare me. Prepare my heart, my thoughts, my desires according to your will. Prepare me Lord to pray how you want me to pray. Prepare me Father that I might be prepared in prayer always. Thank you in advance because I truly believe you have gone before me in this one. In the powerful name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Humbly His child,
Kim

No comments: