Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crawling Out and Moving Forward

It seems like the last few weeks have meshed into one because of our insane schedule. This week was to be back to 'normal' for us. Until I came home from work yesterday not feeling well and then spent all day in bed today. Just like our life has been - lots of stuff goin' on- so was my body. I didn't know if I should take something for the flu, intestinal flu, migraine, sore throat, sinuses, or a bad cold. No sooner did a symptom seem to settle in and I thought I knew what it was - then it would move. Mercy. Maybe this means I just got all the sickness for the year out in 24 hours!

At any rate, it's time to slow down. I don't have to do everything. I need to do what God has called me to do and sadly I am too busy too often to listen or to be available to Him. It's okay to say 'no' to invites, activities and my own personal agenda. It's not okay to put God on hold. It's time to reprioritize and be diligent in not only my pursuit of God, but also in the time I devote to my marriage and my family.

In three months our first grandchild will be here. It is a new season of life. And I am just fine with that! Actually ecstatic about it!!!! So I am crawling out from under the unnecessary busyness and the expectations of others and moving toward a life that focuses on my marriage, my children and son-in-law, my grandchild and a much deeper, more intimate pursuit of God. He has been whispering some things in my heart for awhile, it's time to listen and follow.

No comments: