Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Scripture Memory 2/15/10 (2 days late!)

Yes, I know that scripture memory sign-up is to take place on the 15th and 30th of every month. Fortunately, my friend Tanya went ahead and posted her verse on a previous post. So here are my lame excuses and then my verse:

1. Could not settle on which verse to memorize for this time.
2. Still could not get one that I really felt compelled to claim this time around.
3. It snowed.
4. It snowed some more.
5. I had the melt down with the all out ugly cry as a result of the never ending snow!
6. None of those are good excuses, but they are all true.

There are actually two passages that I really want to memorize this time. I believe that God wants them under my skin and into my heart a little deeper. They both fit perfectly for some places that I am at in my life right now. But I am going to go with the passage from Psalm 51:10-12 this session.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12 NIV

For whatever reason or reasons I have been bending and reacting to circumstances from a fleshly viewpoint instead of from a steadfast spirit of the Lord within me and there isn't a whole lot of joy when I do that. I know the joy of salvation and my heart longs for a steadfastness in the Lord that keeps me from swaying to the storms of life. In particular, I am not interested in being swayed by a light and temporary 'breeze'. The Lord and I have been through some very stormy times and I know that he will sustain me. I want all of the thoughts and meditations of my heart to be pure in the sight of God. Just really wanting to live out this verse every day!

Maybe you are feeling the need to go here too. Maybe it will take the whole month to memorize the three verses and that's okay. Or maybe God has laid something else on your heart that needs to be deep within you - whatever the case, go ahead and post it. Accountability it a great thing!

No comments: