Sunday, December 13, 2009

Resting

Friday night at 9:00 p.m. officially started a new season for me. A season of rest. I can't remember the last time I had one - a real one. Saturday morning and even into today have been almost odd. I feel misplaced, like I am forgetting something. But I'm not. I am right where God wants me for a bit and hopefully I haven't forgotten a thing. My friend and mentor, Mary Hill, will be thankful to know this and I will just leave it at that.

For 7 years, I have been running as hard as I could after God. I have been left breathless by the joy and awe of Him, as well as by the sheer demands of ministry. God has never left my side, although I believe I often ran in circles or out in front of him. It has been a blast. But it is time to rest and recharge and re-evaluate.

As I closed with prayer and helped a bit with clean up at New Hope's (Wooster) women's ministry event on Friday night, I knew when I got in the truck a new season was upon me. There is nothing pressing for me to study outside of my own personal bible study. Nothing to prepare for in the immediate days to come. Just a time alone with God and my family. I have a hunch that both will change me radically.

A burning desire is aflame within me to draw closer to the Lord - to soak in His word, to sit at His feet and to bask in His presence. Christmas is just a few days away and I long to serve my family and cherish them even more this year. Only a few more weeks until our first grandchild arrives - oh glory! Life is changing and I am thankful.

I honestly feel like I am entering into a time that will redefine who I am as a wife, a mother, and a woman of God. I am looking forward to it. Redefined - more intentional in my pursuit of all of those callings. A woman who lives intentionally in her relationship with God. Perhaps with less 'to-do' lists running through my head, there will be more room for storage of the Word.

May I come out of this season not just a little different, but radically changed. Not a radical change as the result of earth shattering events, but radically changed because I have been in the extended presence of the One who extends radical grace, love and forgiveness.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

What an exciting time for you!