Friday, September 25, 2009

Sometimes Life is Hard . . .

And sometimes it isn't fair and sometimes stuff just plain stinks! Anybody know what I mean? Do you ever find yourself going through life, maybe even thinking you are about to have victory over something and then WHAM! - Didn't even see it coming kind of wham. Or at least hoped it wasn't coming again kind of wham.

I can't tell you the number of parents I know who are going through tough stuff, really tough stuff, with their teenagers and young adult children. The kind of stuff you pray as a parent you will never have to go through and then you find yourself in the middle of a world that feels like it has spun out of control at any given moment.

People who are battling for their marriages with all sorts of junk. Thinking that things are better, then finding themselves in situations they didn't want to be in - again.

Loved ones with cancer and other sicknesses. It's gone - then it's back. Or just unexpected results or trials.

Finances that seem to only get worse no matter how hard people try to get ahead and stay afloat.

Just this week God taught me something in His Word. He knew I would need it today. Nehemiah 8:10 says in part: "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength". I like this verse, but today I love it with a new found passion. I can't really describe what it used to mean to me and how I applied it. But it was something to the effect that I would be joyful in a situation just because scripture says so. There are some situations that aren't joyful no matter what angle you look at them from. But see, I have the Lord. Let me repeat I HAVE THE LORD and HE is MY strength. These battles of life are His to fight with His strength. I have some joy goin' on because I know the Lord is my Savior and will take out the enemy with His righteous right hand. Glory be to God!

I know you go through tough stuff too. You aren't alone. This battle may not be over, but the day is coming. Oh the day is coming when the One who is called Faithful and True, with a fire blazing in His eyes, riding on a horse will fulfill Revelation 19:21 "The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse".

Until that day comes, stay on your knees, pray, believe and never give up. There are some battles worth stayin' the course for and fightin' through to the end. Praise God.

No comments: