Thursday, August 26, 2010

No Regret Thursday

There are honestly days when the little regrets could just trip me up. You too? As I thought about what I would write today on No Regret Thursday, it seemed that the list of things I truly wanted to write about were all regrets. I have had to ask God to take my negative thoughts captive and replace them with truth and thoughts of blessings. The regrets might be factual, but that does not mean they need to run wild through my mind causing me to miss ALL that God has done in my life and the opportunities he has provided. So for today:

I DO NOT REGRET


1. Not having blogged since last Thursday's Do Not Regret post
2. Having a difficult conversation with someone I love
3. Taking a nap on Sunday
4. The time I spend with my husband
5. Being over 40
6. Observing the Sabbath
7. Any time I spend with the Lord
8. Being passionate about worship and expressing myself during it
9. Having a good cup of coffee and drinking it before bed
10. Unlimited text messages


2 Corinthians 7:10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

So what do you Not Regret?


Grace to you,
Kim

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I do not regret

1.Choosing to marry Jeremy
2.Staying home to raise our boys
3.Doing no cleaning except the dishes today
4.Cancelling our cable
5.Spending time couponing :)
6.Not having been on my treadmill all summer
7.Eating a whole bag of Turtle Chex Mix in 2 days
8.Watching a movie while snuggling up with Isaac and Brady
9.Giving my life to Jesus
10.Joining the Called to Belong choir

To name a few...

Gigi said...

I do not regret...

starting my blog, even though days later the bottom fell out of my world

continuing treatment for my Lulu, even though many would have chosen euthanasia

raising my hands in worship of my Savior, even though many times I push the envelope of my comfort level as it is not how I grew up in church

that i am still in my jammies at 2:30 in the afternoon (I am showered and they are clean jammies! I just have nowhere to be until 4:30 and didn't feel like being dressed!)