Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dreaming of Coupons

Okay - everyone who knows me, knows I have a thing with coupons and saving money. In addition, if you are near me long enough I will tell you about them. I try really, REALLY hard not to, but I can't seem to help it. It is just beyond my imagination that you can get free groceries and save that much money. I have tried to not blog about it any more than I have already. But last night just beats all.

Around 10:20 p.m. I realize that my husband's men's prayer/bible study group is not going to be over probably any time soon and so I head to bed. Get ready for bed, flip on the TV to Everybody Loves Raymond, tilt my fairly new bifocals down on my nose enough so that I can see the TV and here come the commercials. The truth is that I don't really watch the show. I think I will, but after about 3 minutes in bed, I reach up and take my glasses off and roll over to go to sleep. So the thought of the commercials filling my last few minutes of awake time was a little irritating. But I was going to hold out.

And then I saw it. Up on the left hand corner of the screen of our tiny TV was a blue button just like the one that normally displays when you are to do something between the satellite and the TV. I could make out from where I was that it said "select". So I pushed "select" and lo and behold (drum roll please) coupons to be gotten from the TV screen! Yep, you read that right. You push 'select' it takes you to another channel where you can then navigate your way through to get a coupon for the item that was just being advertised. Sadly, I got all the way through only to not have the channel on our main satellite receiver so I could not receive the coupon. It was for some Kellogg's product and they were going to send me the coupon. No strings attached.

Seriously that is brilliant advertising! Almost makes me want to watch TV.

2 comments:

Ethan said...

I've never heard of that.

Gigi said...

Wow! I guess I don't watch enough tv to notice...and even when it is on, I'm not paying attention!