Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Scripture Memory

One of the books I am right in the middle of today is "Generous Living" by Ron Blue. I expect to finish it by Friday. It is just that good. Over the last several months, we have been trying to tackle some old and new expenses and get them paid off asap. I hate debt. So doing everything possible to be good stewards of everything that God has given us and pay off expenses and cut back on grocery bills, etc., I find myself still giving but without the same amount of joy. That is not a place I want to stay. Over the years since we started tithing and giving offerings, God has blessed us in unspeakable and unimaginable ways. Not once has He ever disappointed us - imagine that!

Reading "Generous Living" has renewed my sense of giving with joy and doing it for all the right reasons with the right heart. Just like God to provide a verse that I find will provide me with even more motivation:

Psalm 37: 26 They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.

Generous living blesses others, blesses me and my children. I praise God for his perfect plans and perfect and abundant provisions.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" The Lord ,your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory's He will renew you in His love;He will exult over you, with loud singing as, on a day of festival" Zephaniah 3:17 -18