Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Scripture Memory

Yesterday was Scripture Memory day. Do you see a recurring theme here? I seem to post this the day after I was supposed to. Good grief. Once again there are two verses I really want to do this time. The multi-tasker in me says "go for it". The realistic me says that if I choose both I won't fully memorize either one of them.

The one thing I have noticed lately is that I seem to have parts of verses memorized. I will be using them in prayer or my devotions or when ministering with someone and realize later it was only a small part of the whole. I feel like I am missing out on the fullness and power of the verse by not actually knowing and using the entire thing. One of those verses has been Romans 8:37. I often say that we are more than conquerors in Christ - but there is more to it and I want the fullness thereof. So this week is:

Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."


Blessings on your day and your scripture memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12: 2

DeeDee said...

Hey... I came over from Lynette's blog -
I too am working on my scripture memory. It is work - but so worth the effort. To really "hide God's word in my heart."
I would love for you to come and share about your daily quite time and devotions at my current post :)
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee