Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Kenny

Today is my man's birthday. It's his 43rd one and the 27th one we have celebrated together. Who would have thought that when we celebrated his 16th birthday as teenagers 'in-love' that we would celebrate his 43rd together. I think God knew way back then and I am so grateful.

Kenny hates this kind of stuff, but it's my blog, so . . .

Happy Birthday babe. There isn't a Hallmark card around that could do justice to describing you. I fell in love with you when you were 15, but today I love you. True love. The kind of love that has stood the test of time and trials and 24 years of marriage.

You make me laugh. You make me happy - not just happy for a moment here and there, but genuinely happy. You are a man of God and I know that you live it out at home as much as you do everywhere else. You work hard. Not just working hard at the job that pays you, but at pursuing God and in everything you do. You are a man of integrity. I love knowing that when you say you will or won't do something, your word is good. I admire you. I know you and the personal things about you that aren't always meant for sharing. I would admire you if I didn't know them, but because I do I admire you even more. I know who you are and I am deeply in love with you - all of you.

It is your birthday, but the kids and I got the gift. A gift of a godly husband, godly father and soon-to-be godly grandpa. Some things just get better with age and you are one of them. I thank God for you every day and I will continue to do so as long God gives me breath to praise Him.

I love you Kenny Alan Morgan - Happy Birthday!

No comments: