Thursday, August 6, 2009

What will you say?

I love Tuesday night women's bible study. (except for the part about being away from my husband). The women I meet with are totally amazing. I just love each and every one of them. I have been praying about what we should study in the next couple of weeks. God laid a couple of different topics on my heart that I am really excited about. As I was looking through some possible books to study in preparation, a title caught my attention, which resulted in this question running through my head:

When we get to heaven and we see God face-to-face and he wants to know what we think about the Book he wrote for us, what will we say?

How could I ever look the King of Kings in the face and say "I didn't really have time to read it." I could follow it up with "But I have one in every color!" So often I think about questions I want to ask when I get to heaven, things I hope to be able to find out or understand. I can just imagine asking those questions and He responding: "It was on page 455 in your NIV Study Bible and then again on page 500. I wrote it several more times for you because I knew you were going to need those instructions." Or saying Lord - how could you have let that happen, don't you care? And He will reply, "did you read the love letters I wrote you? If you had, you would know how deep my love for you really was. You would know how much I cared all along." I could go on and on with possible scenarios, but somehow I don't want to get to heaven and say "well - I blogged about it, doesn't that count?"

No comments: