Two weeks since I last blogged. Finally thought I was having something worthwhile to say tonight and then life happened. My ear is still sweating after having had the phone to it for the last hour listening to various forms of elevator music while I held waiting on customer service.
1. Car needs repaired. Leave early for work, drop off the car. Turns out the parts (not including labor) would cost more than the value of the car and that was assuming they could find the parts. Needless to say we will drive this car until it literally stops running on the side of the road somewhere. The thought of car payments makes me cringe.
2. Making supper last night and microwave just quits. No bang. No dramatic fire. No burnt food. Just quits. Not the fuse. Not the plug. Just done. One year warranty technically expired about a month ago, although the microwave has actually only been used for about 10 months. Will cost more to fix than to buy a new one. Didn't put anything out to thaw for supper because I needed to drop the car off to get it fixed. Making comfort food.
3. Making comfort food while I am on hold waiting for customer service with a different company. Returned items (that I didn't order) two weeks ago. Still hasn't come off my credit card. Open jar for sauce for the comfort food sandwich I really want by now - mold on the inside of the jar. Plan B.
4. After being on hold listening to really loud, really bad music, I hear "our systems are down and we won't be able to help you locate your order until tomorrow."
5. Have now doubled up on the grilled cheese and added extra cheese.
Maybe the 'profound' thoughts will come to me tomorrow. But for now - looking for something chocolate.