Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown - Day 1

In six days it will be Thanksgiving and I have been thinking a lot about the many things and people that I am thankful for. Last night our small group met for bible study. We have been meeting for 4 - 5 years on an almost weekly basis. We have had some times when busy schedules interrupted us, but we continue to journey on through life together in pursuit of Christ. I am immensely thankful for each of the people in our group. I praise God for Clay and Kevin and the godly friends that they are for my husband.

But my personal praise and thanks today is for the amazing girlfriends God has given me in Allison and Leslie. Leslie and I went to school together and have vowed we will see each other through menopause someday. Allison came into my life only a few years ago, but what a blessing that has been. Allison can decorate a house like nobody's business and Lord knows I need her help from time to time. They both make me laugh and they make me love life more because they are in mine. Each one of them brings something different to our mix. We have gone through seasons of spending lots of time together and seasons that seemed a little more lonely. But one thing has remained and that is the love we have for one another and the bonds of friendship.

Last night during our prayer time, a few tears were shed and then I had the nerve to tell them I wanted to take their picture. So I ask for forgiveness from them in advance - as I post that picture to this blog because I know they will be thinking that their mascara ran off and their eyes are puffy from crying even though they aren't. Seriously though they are beautiful - inside and out - and they are two of my dearest friends.



Allison and Leslie

Father, thank you for Allison and Leslie. Thank you for girlfriends who love me and hold me accountable; for friends who make me laugh and make me cry. Thank you for friends who understand me and give me space, but are always only a phone call away. Today Lord and in the days and years to come, I pray for your blessing of good health, peace, prosperity and life abundant upon them. Protect them and guide them. They are seeking you and choose to follow you, so may they clearly see the light you have placed on the path they are to follow. Be glorified in our friendships and thank you for the laughter - what a ride this is and what great friends I have. In the precious name of Jesus - Amen.

Humbly His Child,
Kim

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Shout out to Leslie and Allison-two AMAZING homegirls...can't imajine the world without them!

Nicole