Friday, September 26, 2008

Moving Day

It's time. It's time to move. Just a little over a year ago, God moved us from the home we had built and believed we would live in forever. The house sold so fast that we had to look for a temporary place to live - God's idea of temporary and mine are not the same. But here we are - one year later moving into the home God has prepared for us.

It has been a really long year in so many ways. Little did I know that I came with more personal baggage than boxes!! God has sifted me, broken me, remolded me, broken me again, shaped me, kneaded me, broke off some more and is lovingly putting me back together. I'm not there yet, but he is allowing me to move on to the next stage. He spent the last year getting my attention. I had a lot of things from my past that had become so embedded in me and who I was that I never realized they weren't supposed to be there. Somehow I had come to believe the chains and bondages from my past were normal. Truth is - I needed to be set free from a lot of junk and God has used this move to do it.

In Beth Moore's video teaching from her "Daniel" bible study, she talks about how when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the fire they were not burned, but their bondages (ropes) were burnt off and they never smelled like smoke when they were taken out. On top of that - God did not leave them alone to walk through the fire. This move has done that for me. We have been in the fire for 12 months and the heat has been the hottest in the last three weeks. The ropes were burnt off in the first 11 months, but the chains of metal take a higher heat to burn off.

I could go on and on about generational curses, soul ties and the like that we have had to acknowledge and get rid of, but that is better suited for another time. Let's just say I am not the same woman I was twelve months ago or for that matter one month ago. Without any question, this has been the hardest year of my life, but it has also been the most rewarding, most liberating and most freeing. I am a new woman in Christ.

So - let's move. I believed last month that God was getting ready to finally move us into the Promised Land. And tomorrow we will truly possess and live in the land that He has given us. Our exodus out of Egypt and captivity is almost over and I can see the Glory of the Lord up ahead. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: