Wednesday, August 20, 2008

By Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Have you ever had a loved one that you have been praying and praying and praying for and yet they don't seem to be getting any closer to having a real relationship with Jesus Christ? I have and I do. In fact, sometimes it seems like the more I pray the farther they seem to run from all that Christ has to offer. It absolutely breaks my heart.

I firmly believe with all of my heart that God's Word is true and powerful and mighty for the casting down of strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5) I don't doubt God's Word or His promises. I also don't doubt His timing and His will for us. And so I continue to pray in faith.

I understand the concept of free-will and that we can't force someone to come to the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I also know what it is to pray in faith for a loved one and have them come into a full and abundant relationship with the Savior. And so I continue to go to the Throne Room and petition on behalf of those I love. Jesus Christ lives to intercede for us and is sitting at the right hand of God doing so on our behalf - and on behalf of those I love.

If you have a loved one that you sometimes wonder if they will ever come to know Christ as their Savior - please continue to pray. Don't give up. Continue to intercede for them and believe. Because after all - faith is being sure of what we HOPE for and certain of what we do not see!

No comments: